Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Joe Goes Geisha ...



Who hasn't fallen in love with my geisha "gal pal" Joseph Carl White II???

Not too many, especially those of us that worked with him on GEISHA-MANIA!™ -- talk about hysterical. Joe was a-MAZING! His joyous spirit, talent, and level of professionalism is beyond impressive, not to mention the fact that he's too damn funny. (In between costume changes, he made me laugh so hard that the tears kept ruining my eye makeup for TWO WHOLE DAYS! It was out of control and my MUA Martha Fernandez can attest ... and he thought THAT was funny! Martha, on the other hand, did not.)

When he walked into the casting call at FFL Studios back in March, Joe had me and co-director Paige Cone rolling on the floor. I almost wet myself. He sat smack in front of us in a red Barcelona chair and owned the room. Wow. That's when I knew he HAD to be part of this singing, dancing fiasco of fun. I was so right. Without Joe, GEISHA-MANIA! just wouldn't be the same -- from our scenes in Chinatown (especially of him and I on the marble horse, see below!), my geisha lair, and the nail salon to hot times in the hot tub, he truly embraced the moment and was a great sport ... something not too many guys would be comfy with.

Besides stints on Bravo's "Millionaire Matchmaker" and "Tosh.0," Joe's a pro wrestler -- for reals. He didn't bat an eye lifting me like a Barbie barbell on set. But it's his heart that really touched everyone -- always positive, always sweet, always smiling. There really are no chance happenings.

Stay tuned for the video interviews with Joe and all the cast and crew - I love them all. xo

Check out his website to learn more: http://www.thefunnyfatman.com


No comments:

Post a Comment